1. To answer questions in letter from Corinth church about marriage, celibacy, food offered to idols, propriety in worship, orderliness in the Lord’s Supper, spiritual gifts, and the resurrection.
2. To address the news about the conduct of Corinth believers. These include the divisions in church, doubts about Paul’s apostleship, disorder in church, behaviour of believers and lawsuits among believers.
3. To identify problems in the Corinthian church, to set right disorders and to give doctrinal teachings.
1. To express joy at the favourable response of the Corinth church to Paul’s ministry and to encourage and restore the believers.
2. To defend Paul’s apostolic authority.
3. To remind the Corinth believers of their commitment to make an offering for the Christians in Jerusalem.
– Summary in Points –